1. An empty Cross and an empty tomb await us this night. Five thousand years of history at last come to fulfilment in the promise of God to share with us God’s own life beyond death.
2. A young man from a wealthy family was about to graduate from high school. It was the custom in that wealthy neighbourhood for the parents to give the graduate a motor car.
3. "Bill’ and his father had spent months looking at cars, and the week before graduation, they found the perfect car. On the eve of his graduation, his father handed him a gift wrapped Bible.
4. Bill was so angry that he threw the Bible down and stormed out of the house. He and his father never saw each other again. It was the news of his father’s death that brought Bill home again.
5. As he sat one night going through his father’s possessions that he was to inherit, he come across the Bible his father had given him.